Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from a restaurant in the town of Karwar in Karnataka state, India. Got it from a friend who was passing thru to Goa.
- 4 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3⁄4 lb prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cashew halves
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large saute pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute till transparent.
- Add coconut and water to the onions, and saute for a few minutes. Mix in turmeric, cayenne pepper, cashews and salt. Add prawns and stir.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. Serve hot as is or over cooked rice.