Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My daughter in law gave me this recipe and it is WONDERFUL. Almost a cross between a frittata and scalloped potatoes.
- 6 -9 medium potatoes, boiled and sliced
- 1 onion, sauteed
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen creamed spinach, i use just chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Mix potatoes, onion, cheeses, and spinach in casserole dish.
- Poke holes in mixture.
- Pour egg/sour cream mixture over it and top with grated cheese.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic salt and nutmeg.
- Bake at 350-375 until top is browned.
This is lovely! I couldn't justify making a full recipe for only two people, so made half. I subbed well drained yogurt for the sour cream, and plain home-frozen spinach for the creamed kind. Oh, and yellow cheddar, for the velveeta. I hope you don't think I was taking too many liberties. It came out really good. I was a little leary about the nutmeg, but it's nice. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us. (First posted Apr 30, '05. Edited for clarity.)