Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A comfort food from the old country.
- 2 cups potatoes, grated
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- cranberry sauce (optional)
- orange slice (optional)
- parsley (optional)
- Combine first five ingredients and mix well.
- Drain off excess liquid (if any).
- Form into patties and fry in hot oil in shallow pan until evenly browned, turning once.
- Drain well on paper towels and sprinkle with sugar.
- Serve with cranberry sauce or cinnamon applesauce, and garnish with orange slices and parsley, if desired.
Oh yum! This really is comfort food. I used two cups of leftover mashed potatoes and a finely diced small red onion. Was ready in no time, tasted divine and looked nice too. Next time I'll add chopped chives. Thanks for posting.