1/5 Photos of Kartoffelpuffer (Potato Pancakes)
Just like Gramma used to make on the old wood-burning stove! Excellent to serve with bacon and eggs for breakfast or as a side-dish for a light supper during Advent. Similar to hash-browns ONLY BETTER!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate potatoes and onion. Stir in eggs, flour and salt immediately.
- 2In preheated electric frying pan (350 F)or frying pan over medium high stove-top, add cooking oil or bacon fat--about 2 T per batch.
- 3Using a one/third-cup metal measuring cup, scoop up some potato-onion mixture, and spread in a circle in the pan. Flatten out a bit, to about a 5-inch thin cake. Fry for about 2 minutes per side until golden-brown and crispy around edges.
- 4Transfer cakes to a warm plate or keep warm in the oven. Best when served immediately.
- 5Serve with applesauce, honey, or butter with salt & pepper.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kartoffelpuffer (Potato Pancakes)
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 345.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.9 g