Just like Gramma used to make on the old wood-burning stove! Excellent to serve with bacon and eggs for breakfast or as a side-dish for a light supper during Advent. Similar to hash-browns ONLY BETTER!
- Grate potatoes and onion. Stir in eggs, flour and salt immediately.
- In preheated electric frying pan (350 F)or frying pan over medium high stove-top, add cooking oil or bacon fat--about 2 T per batch.
- Using a one/third-cup metal measuring cup, scoop up some potato-onion mixture, and spread in a circle in the pan. Flatten out a bit, to about a 5-inch thin cake. Fry for about 2 minutes per side until golden-brown and crispy around edges.
- Transfer cakes to a warm plate or keep warm in the oven. Best when served immediately.
- Serve with applesauce, honey, or butter with salt & pepper.