Recipe by rexmudd_12095219
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. Simply Potatoes has made the preparation of a childhood favorite a snap, usually served with pork or veal dinner In Germany or as my adaption for a weekend breakfast as in attached picture... Traditional German Potato Pancakes were always served plain with Applesauce or with pork or veal dishes.
- 10 ounces fresh Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 2 eggs, whisked with
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate the onion on the large section of a box grater into a bowl to retain the onion juice.
- Add the Simply Potato hash browns, Mix in the eggs, sprinkle 1 Tablespoon Flour and 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder.
- Drop 1 Heaping tablespoon Hash browns into medium hot skillet with 8 tablespoons of oil. Spread outward to create a cake about only 1/16” thickness—do not crowd skillet. Crisp the bottom about 3 minutes, flip and cook about 2 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel; keep warm on wire rack in warm oven as you cook additional batches.