Recipe by mollypaul
Easy and delicious. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Cooking time is approximate.
- 3 cups potatoes, peeled and grated
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the potatoes, peel and cover with cold water.
- Let stand several hours before using.
- Pour off the water and grate.
- Drain very thoroughly.
- Add eggs to grated potatoes and mix lightly; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop from a teaspoon on a hot, well-greased skillet.
- Brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with applesauce.