Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Probably more favored by older generation Finns, this recipe was found in The Finnish Cookbook, 1964.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, combine cranberry juice, 2 cups of water, sugar, salt & rye flour, then bring to a boil & cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- Cover, turn the heat to low & cook for another 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thickened & has a glossy appearance.
- Stir in the corn syrup.
- Dissolve cornstarch in the 2 tablespoons of cold water & add this to the pudding.
- Brink to boiling point again & cook 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- Pour into a serving dish & cover while cooling to keep a skin from forming on the top.
- Sprinkle the surface with sugar before serving.