1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Sydney Mike's Note:
Probably more favored by older generation Finns, this recipe was found in The Finnish Cookbook, 1964.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 2-quart saucepan, combine cranberry juice, 2 cups of water, sugar, salt & rye flour, then bring to a boil & cook, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes.
- 2Cover, turn the heat to low & cook for another 45 to 60 minutes or until mixture is thickened & has a glossy appearance.
- 3Stir in the corn syrup.
- 4Dissolve cornstarch in the 2 tablespoons of cold water & add this to the pudding.
- 5Brink to boiling point again & cook 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly.
- 6Pour into a serving dish & cover while cooling to keep a skin from forming on the top.
- 7Sprinkle the surface with sugar before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karpaloruispuuro -- Rye Cranberry Pudding (Finland)
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.1
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 42.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g