Recipe by Ladies of the Lake-eM Cee
A very old recipe makes for a taste delight! You will love this great way of making Pecan Pie. Quick and easy, This will soon be a favorite. Cook time is cool time.
Top Review by Koechin (Chef)
This tastes like the real thing, without heating up your kitchen. I toasted the pecans first and used a Graham cracker crust! I did it in my cooking class and it was A BIG HIT!!! Thanks for sharing. Koechin/Chef
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter (recipe states "butter the size of a hickory nut")
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, 1 cup in halves, 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, not deep dish, pre-baked
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cornstarch and brown sugar together in medium saucepan.
- Beat together egg yolks, water, and pinch of salt. Add to cornstarch and sugar. Add chopped pecans.
- Simmer on medium stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- Boil 1 minute, constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla.
- Pour into baked pie shell, decorate top with remaining pecans.
- Let cool 1/2 hour before serving.