Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious pecan pie that comes out every time. The chopped pecans gives this pie a special texture. You'll love it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Dark Karo syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- whole pecans (for decorating)
- Beat eggs, add sugar and karo and beat until well mixed.
- Add butter, salt, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange whole pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes in oven that has been preheated to 300 degrees.
I made this pie according to the receipe, but it did not set, so was runny in the middle, i live in Wyoming so dont know if altitude affects this type of pie or not. What could be eaten was very good just was runny in middle, will try again if someone can tell me what i did wrong, have been baking for over 60 yrs, so i'm confused..
This is the pecan pie I remember from my childhood so many years ago!! Made with dark Karo and chopped pecans, it comes out perfect and the flavor is amazing. So much better than the sickeningly-sweet, chunky pecan pies that are made with light corn syrup and pecan halves.
The best pecan pie out there!! I made 10 and they all set up very well and easy to make. ( I used light Karo) Thank you.