Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious pecan pie that comes out every time. The chopped pecans gives this pie a special texture. You'll love it.
- Beat eggs, add sugar and karo and beat until well mixed.
- Add butter, salt, vanilla and pecans.
- Pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Arrange whole pecan halves on top of pie.
- Bake for 45 minutes in oven that has been preheated to 300 degrees.
This is the pecan pie I remember from my childhood so many years ago!! Made with dark Karo and chopped pecans, it comes out perfect and the flavor is amazing. So much better than the sickeningly-sweet, chunky pecan pies that are made with light corn syrup and pecan halves.
The best pecan pie out there!! I made 10 and they all set up very well and easy to make. ( I used light Karo) Thank you.
Fabulous old-school recipe. My grandmothers and mother only made 'Karo' pecan pie. To celebrate my Tennessee heritage, I add about an ounce or two of Jack Daniels while mixing the other ingredients.