Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Categories: Appetizers, Middle east, Snacks, Vegetables
Make and share this Karnabeet Makly (Deep-Fried Cauliflower) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut away the thick stem at the base of the cauliflower and remove the green leaves.
- Break the florets off the center core and cut the core into 1" cubes.
- Wash the florets and cubes under cold running water.
- In a 3 to 4 quart enameled or stainless steel saucepan, bring 1 quart of water and the salt to a boil over high heat.
- Drop in the cauliflower and cook briskly, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the pieces are tender but still somewhat resistant to the point of a small, sharp knife.
- Drain in a sieve or colander.
- In a heavy 10" to 12" skillet with a deep frying thermometer, or in an electric skillet, heat 1" or 2" of oil until it reaches a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pat the cauliflower completely dry with paper towels.
- Fry a dozen or so pieces at a time in the hot oil for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides.
- As they brown, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot or at room temperature covered with taratoor.