Categories: Appetizers, Middle east, Snacks, Vegetables
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut away the thick stem at the base of the cauliflower and remove the green leaves.
- 2Break the florets off the center core and cut the core into 1" cubes.
- 3Wash the florets and cubes under cold running water.
- 4In a 3 to 4 quart enameled or stainless steel saucepan, bring 1 quart of water and the salt to a boil over high heat.
- 5Drop in the cauliflower and cook briskly, uncovered, for 10 minutes, or until the pieces are tender but still somewhat resistant to the point of a small, sharp knife.
- 6Drain in a sieve or colander.
- 7In a heavy 10" to 12" skillet with a deep frying thermometer, or in an electric skillet, heat 1" or 2" of oil until it reaches a temperature of 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 8Pat the cauliflower completely dry with paper towels.
- 9Fry a dozen or so pieces at a time in the hot oil for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown on all sides.
- 10As they brown, remove them with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- 11Serve hot or at room temperature covered with taratoor.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karnabeet Makly (Deep-Fried Cauliflower)
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 35.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 429.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 2.6 g