1/3 Photos of Karl's Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
This is named in honour of my boyfriend, who last night really wanted dinner but seemed disappointed with salad. We weren't really hungry, so I came up with this salad platter which we shared. Any green lettuce that you have on hand can be used, and rocket/argula tastes nice as well. You could also arrange this on small plates and serve as a first course. The veges & lentils can be prepared ahead of time & refrigerated. The salad can then be built just before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
For the salad
- 1 large yellow capsicum, cut into chunks
- 1 large zucchini
- 59.16 ml puy lentils, cooked in light stock & cooled (brown lentils can be substituted)
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg, boiled & cut into 1/8ths
- 100 g goat cheese
- 100 g serrano ham, torn into rough pieces (or any airdried ham)
- 10 black olives
- 16 green lettuce leaves, torn
- 1Make the dressing first by combining the dressing ingredients together and stirring well.
- 2Chargrill the capsicum - I heated a pan on medium heat, and put chunks of the capsicum in the pan skin side down. Once it blisters, put it into a plastic bag for 15 minutes to sweat. The skins can then be removed easily.
- 3Slice the zucchini thinly, either in rounds or lengthways. Chargrill until just starting to brown. Set aside to cool.
- 4Place the halved cherry tomatoes under a grill until just starting to brown. Set aside to cool.
- 5Tear the lettuce leaves and arrange on a large platter.
- 6Sprinkle the lentils over the lettuce.
- 7Arrange the veges on the lentils & lettuce, then crumble the goats cheese over the top.
- 8Add the olives, ham & eggs.
- 9Dribble the dressing over & serve with crusty bread.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karl's Chargrilled Vegetable Salad
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.1
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 132.5 mg
- Sodium 531.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 22.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard