Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Even kids and/or squash haters like this one. I think its the velveeta. I really don't measure. So everything is approximate. You may have to adjust.
- 2 medium summer squash, slice
- saltine crackers, 1 package crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups milk
- cooking spray
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- Spray casserole dish (glass works best) with cooking spray.
- Start with a layer of 1/3 of the squash, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add 1/3 of the onion, 1/3 of the velveeta and 1/3 of the cracker crumbs.
- Dot with butter.
- Start layering process over.
- Once all layers are added, pour milk over, cover and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake 15-20 minutes more.
I enjoyed the crackers in this dish and the cheese too. I put in a little too much milk but that was my fault. I will make this again! Thanks!
This was great. I decided to use Ritz crackers instead of saltines and we loved it.