Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My friend Karin, gave me this recipe. It is very easy to make and really yummy when you can find Holland Rivierkreeft (crawfish) in the supermarket or fish store. I have never done so, but I believe you could easily sub shrimp or lobster to the sauce, and it would be just as good.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, -finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 lbs crawfish tails, completely shelled
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into slivers
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- Cook Pasta as directed.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy pan.
- Gently saute onion and garlic in the oil. Cook until veggies are tender.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Combine stockcube and water and mix well. Add to mixture simmering. Bring to a boil.
- Add chopped tomatoes with their juice.
- Add salt and pepper and sugar if desired to taste.
- Allow to simmer gently for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- Just before serving, add crème fraiche and rivierkreeftjes. DO NOT BOIL, just heat thru. About 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil and chives.
- Pour sauce over drained cooked pasta. Toss well. Serve immediately.