Expat in Holland's Note:
My friend Karin, gave me this recipe. It is very easy to make and really yummy when you can find Holland Rivierkreeft (crawfish) in the supermarket or fish store. I have never done so, but I believe you could easily sub shrimp or lobster to the sauce, and it would be just as good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, -finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup creme fraiche or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 lbs crawfish tails, completely shelled
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into slivers
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 lb linguine
- 1Cook Pasta as directed.
- 2Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a heavy pan.
- 3Gently saute onion and garlic in the oil. Cook until veggies are tender.
- 4Add white wine and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- 5Combine stockcube and water and mix well. Add to mixture simmering. Bring to a boil.
- 6Add chopped tomatoes with their juice.
- 7Add salt and pepper and sugar if desired to taste.
- 8Allow to simmer gently for at least 30 minutes to an hour.
- 9Just before serving, add crème fraiche and rivierkreeftjes. DO NOT BOIL, just heat thru. About 3 minutes.
- 10Stir in basil and chives.
- 11Pour sauce over drained cooked pasta. Toss well. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karin's Tomato and Crawfish Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (613 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 807.5
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 222.7 mg
- Sodium 229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.9 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 43.2 g