Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Awesome spinach and artichoke dip. This is a from scatch recipe so it does take about 15 mins of cooking before finishing in the oven, but it is worth it! Friends always request me to make this and my crab dip for parties!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 5 1⁄2 ounces spinach (frozen or fresh, I usually do frozen because it's easier)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces artichoke hearts, coarse chopped (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon stock or 1 tablespoon water, from artichoke can
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- Saute onion and garlic in the butter until tender and translucent.
- Add the spinach and saute until hot/.
- Add the artichoke hearts, cream cheese, worcestershire and 2/3 parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Season with salt, pepper and tabasco to your liking.
- Adjust the consistency with stock or reserved artichoke water.
- Transfer to baking container/crock.
- Top with remaining cheese and bake at 350 until hot and browned on the top, approximately 20 minutes.
- Serve with french bread, tortilla chips or pita stips.