This soup is honestly to DIE for!! Infact, I can't wait to make it again!!! And soon!! I became quite excited about it while I was typing the recipe out!!! LOL!! The nutmeg added really makes it! If making this soup in advance, leave the egg yolks and cream out until close to serving time. If freezing the soup, leave the egg yolks and cream out until thawed and heated.
My Private Note
cups of ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, seed and dice the pumpkin.
- 2Saute the onion and garlic in a deep pan.
- 3Add the diced pumpkin and cook with the garlic and onions for 3-4 minutes.
- 4Add Chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce the heat, and add Bay leaves.
- 6Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft.
- 7Remove from the heat and using a blender, puree the soup.
- 8Return to a clean pan and stir in the hot milk, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Beat the egg YOLKS and cream together.
- 10Take 1 cup of hot soup, and a drop at a time, stir into the beaten egg yolks and cream.
- 11Pour it back into the soup and heat.
- 12Do NOT boil.
- 13Cut the 2 tablespoons of butter into small pieces, and stir into the soup.
- 14Serve piping hot!
- 15and garnish with a small'swirl' of cream, and sprinkle with finely chopped sring onions (and/or parsley).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karin's Creamy Pumpkin Soup
Serving Size: 1 (619 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.2
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 95.8 mg
- Sodium 343.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g