Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I just made this up with ingredients I had on hand, and I think it tastes great! Good with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggie sticks.
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans (rinsed)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄3 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Saute the onion and garlic in olive oil on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Put remaining ingredients in food processor, along with onions and garlic, and process until smooth.
- Garnish with sliced green onions. Serve room temperature.
I'm not a fan of ranch dressing, but it combined well with other ingredients in this recipe, AND my guests loved the dip! I used a mild chunky salsa & cut the chili powder back to about 3/4 teaspoon, but that's all the alterations I made! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC cooking game]