Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Very tasty Green Bean salad--just perfect for a BBQ! I "invented" this recipe! LOL! Everyone raved about it at a BBQ recently! Try it--you'll LOVE it!
- beans (french green beans)
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- romano cheese (grated)
- beer stick, sliced thinly (rather like pepperoni salami)
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water and drain.
- Add sliced red onion, sliced beer sticks and grated Romano cheese.
- Drizzle with a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Toss again and--VOILA!
This salad is a meal in itself! I don't mix meat and dairy, so I used smoked tofu instead of the beer stick. I also added some oregano and just a bit of fresh cilantro. Excellent salad for those who are Somersizing as well (going to add this to the list right now)!