Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Karin is the food writer for the Augusta Chronicle. She shares quick and easy recipes like the following which is perfect for weekday family fare. Using frozen meatballs cuts preparation time. After spending time in the crockpot, it's hard to tell they are not homemade.
- 1 (10 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (18 ounce) packagefrozen fully-cooked meatballs (about 35 balls)
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Combine soup and beef broth in the crockpot. Add meatballs and mushrooms; cover and cook on LO for 6-8 hours.
- Combine sour cream, flour and water in a bowl. Stir mixture into meatballs, cover and ook on LO 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve stroganoff over hot cooked egg noodles or white rice. Add a green vegetable or a salad to complete the meal.
DH and all 4 boys LOVED this! Admittedly, I didn't use the healthy versions of the ingredients, and I doubled the recipe, but there was none left after lunch the next day.