Prep 12 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you were anything like me growing up, I hated even the thought of a raw onion or piece of celery *touching* my food. My mother developed this recipe for her picky children and I've adapted it as the years have gone by. If you like onion and celery, by all means add a diced amount of your liking to this sweet-and-tangy noodle salad!
- 1 lb medium shell noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 packets Splenda sugar substitute (or 3 g)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- Prepare shell noodles as per package instructions.
- After draining, rinse with cold water to cool the noodles down.
- "Shake"strainer well to rid noodles of excess water.
- Transfer cool noodles to a large mixing bowl.
- Add tuna, mayo, Splenda, vinegar, celery salt, and onion powder.
- Mix well, stirring in a"scooping" manner until all flavors are blended.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- If you need to cool the salad down quicker, place it in the freezer- but keep an eye on it so it doesn't freeze!
- Add salt, pepper, or other herbs and spices to your taste.