Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's my friend Karen's Tiramisu, she's famous for it.
- 2 large eggs
- 500 g cream cheese (some vanilla essence may be added)
- 85 g sugar
- 500 g ladyfingers
- 1⁄2 pint freshly made strong black coffee
- 3 -4 tablespoons coffee liqueur or 3 -4 tablespoons brandy or 3 -4 tablespoons sherry wine
- 2 -4 tablespoons cocoa
- Make the Tiramisu at least one day before it is needed and store covered in the fridge.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until light, then beat in the cheese, beating until smooth.
- Whisk the whites until stiff but not dry, and then fold these into the mixture.
- The whites will lose most of their volume and the finished result will be a softer cream rather than a mousse.
- Mix your chosen spirit with the coffee.
- Dip the biscuits one at a time into the coffee and arrange half of them in a single layer in a serving dish. (I normally use a Pyrex bowl that's about 10 inches in diameter and 3 inches high.)
- Spread half of the cream mixture over them.
- Now continue with the remaining fingers, pouring on any leftover coffee.
- Spread the second half of the cream over the top and sprinkle liberally with cocoa powder.
- Cover and store in the fridge for at least 24 hours.
delicious and so easy. i used marscapone cheese that i got at the farmers market but followed the recipe otherwise. my non coffee drinking family inhaled this