Recipe by Epi Curious
These are not for the faint of heart because the sauce is spicy...but if you can stand up to the challenge, these are the BEST peel & eat shrimp ever. Note that the sauce can be frozen. Serve extra sauce in a pitcher for dipping. And don't forget lots of warm, crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
- 5 lbs shrimp (in shells, cleaned)
- 1 lb butter, melted
- 2 ounces black pepper (yes, a whole can!!! trust me!!!)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Italian salad dressing mix, mixed according to package directions (two .7 oz. packets, Good Seasons brand)
- 4 lemons, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, pepper, Italian dressing and lemon juice.
- Place shrimp in large roasting pan. Pour sauce over shrimp.
- Cover pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Peel & eat.
- Note: less pepper may be used if you prefer less spicy sauce.