Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
These are not for the faint of heart because the sauce is spicy...but if you can stand up to the challenge, these are the BEST peel & eat shrimp ever. Note that the sauce can be frozen. Serve extra sauce in a pitcher for dipping. And don't forget lots of warm, crusty bread to soak up the sauce.
- 5 lbs shrimp (in shells, cleaned)
- 1 lb butter, melted
- 2 ounces black pepper (yes, a whole can!!! trust me!!!)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Italian salad dressing mix, mixed according to package directions (two .7 oz. packets, Good Seasons brand)
- 4 lemons, juice of
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine melted butter, pepper, Italian dressing and lemon juice.
- Place shrimp in large roasting pan. Pour sauce over shrimp.
- Cover pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Peel & eat.
- Note: less pepper may be used if you prefer less spicy sauce.