Recipe by DeAnna Owens
My girlfriends and I make this pasta salad everytime we do 'Spa Day'. It's a healthy, whole grain salad and is great when you're in that 'Spa' state of mind!
Top Review by LonghornMama
Loved this! Used marinated artichoke hearts, no other changes. Fresh, colorful, great combination of ingredients. Initially thought it was heavy on the oil, but was just right after it chilled a while. Should definitely be made ahead. Keeps well, perfect for a packed lunch. Thanks for the recipe! I'll make this again!
- 8 ounces rotini whole wheat pasta
- 1 (8 ounce) can artichoke hearts
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sun-dried tomato, slivered
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, pitted and sliced
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, with dried tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Wisk olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice & dijon mustard together (in that order). This should emulsify the dressing.
- Cook whole wheat pasta according to directions, rinse quickly with hot water, let drain.
- Mix remaining ingredients into large bowl, add pasta, then dressing.
- Refridgerate for at least 1 hour before serving.