Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
There are a few diffrent recipes out there for this Sour Cream Pound cake but mine is just a bit diffrent and is SOOOOO Wonderful!!!! I make this every year for New Years eve to cut up and use for dipping in chocolate fondue. This is REALLY good by itself, with a frosting or with Maraschino Cherries.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, SIFTED
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners sugar glaze (optional)
- red and gree maraschino cherry (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch tube pan with paper, or grease really well!
- Cream the butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each egg.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Alternatly add the dry ingredients, and sour cream to the butter mixture blending really well.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat for about 5 minutes until smooth and silky looking.
- Pour into pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- I usually check at 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- You make make a glaze of Confectioners sugar or decorate with red and green cherries. The green ones for leaves the red ones as flowers.
This is the best sour cream pound cake we've ever had. The interior texture was amazing. Firm, yet very moist. Very easy to make, I did add a teaspoon of Grand Marnier to the batter with the vanilla & decorated with a pink tinted powdered sugar glaze. (1-1/4 cups of powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons of milk & 2 drops of red food coloring.) I have a recipe for chocolate marshmallow fondue posted on Zaar that we make about once a year & I'll quit buying Sara Lee frozen pound cake & start using this one. It will definitely hold up to the weight of the chocolate. Thanks for sharing, Karen! Made for Karen's Cookathon.
I used koolaide......we don't care for cherries.