Recipe by kzbhansen
There are a few diffrent recipes out there for this Sour Cream Pound cake but mine is just a bit diffrent and is SOOOOO Wonderful!!!! I make this every year for New Years eve to cut up and use for dipping in chocolate fondue. This is REALLY good by itself, with a frosting or with Maraschino Cherries.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This is the best sour cream pound cake we've ever had. The interior texture was amazing. Firm, yet very moist. Very easy to make, I did add a teaspoon of Grand Marnier to the batter with the vanilla & decorated with a pink tinted powdered sugar glaze. (1-1/4 cups of powdered sugar, 3 Tablespoons of milk & 2 drops of red food coloring.) I have a recipe for chocolate marshmallow fondue posted on Zaar that we make about once a year & I'll quit buying Sara Lee frozen pound cake & start using this one. It will definitely hold up to the weight of the chocolate. Thanks for sharing, Karen! Made for Karen's Cookathon.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, SIFTED
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- confectioners sugar glaze (optional)
- red and gree maraschino cherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line the bottom of a 9 inch tube pan with paper, or grease really well!
- Cream the butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add Eggs, one at a time beating thoroughly after each egg.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Alternatly add the dry ingredients, and sour cream to the butter mixture blending really well.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat for about 5 minutes until smooth and silky looking.
- Pour into pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- I usually check at 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Your cake is done when a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool.
- You make make a glaze of Confectioners sugar or decorate with red and green cherries. The green ones for leaves the red ones as flowers.