Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
by Karen N.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 304.75 g can condensed tomato soup
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 118.29 ml water
- 14.79 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 14.79 ml dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken, onion, bell pepper and celery in a slow cooker. In a medium bowl combine the tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, tomato paste, water, parsley, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour mixture over chicken and vegetables in slow cooker. Stir to coat and add bay leaf.
- Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, until chicken and vegetables are tender.
This was good and easy to put together. I only had to cook mine for four hours. I followed the recipe as written. We all enjoyed this. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
Smells devine! Just had a small taste of the vegis I added and mmmmm. I followed the recipe only added sliced fresh mushies, and some left over zucchini. Cant wait to taste the chicken.
This recipe was wonderful. I served it over white rice. Next time I'll do noodles. The veggies were very tasty and tender and gave a nice flavor to the dish. Made for New Kids on the Block. Note: Please disreard the 1st pic. I don't know what happened there.