Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Thanks to Karen (kzbhansen) I used her Southwestern Barbecue Sauce as the marinade for these chicken and pineapple kabobs. Put as much as you like on each skewer you can also cut smaller to serve more. 5 -10 soaked wooden skewers or metal skewers
- 5 chicken thighs (bone and skin removed cut into 15 pieces)
- 1 red pepper, cut into 7 pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into 7 pieces
- 1⁄2 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- In a bowl mix sauce ingredients together.
- Add the chicken pineapple and peppers. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Skewer all the ingredients alternating them or place the same ingredients on the one skewer.
- Place kabobs on a prepared grill about 8" from medium-hot coals. Cook 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning and brushing frequently with the remaining marinade.
This recipe will now be one of my regulars for summer grilling. The grilled pineapple is so juicy and it tastes great with the chicken and peppers. I used green and red peppers and added some red onion. The sauce is really good! I used Sweet Baby Ray's along with a tablespoon of Woody's Cook-in Sauce.
Oh Rita!! This recipe is going into my all time favourites recipe book! The combination of the pineapple and sweet peppers with the sauce was terrific! We really loved the chicken thighs with this too, it is worth the extra work of de-boning and de-skinning to use the thighs...they stayed moist and delicious. Thanks so much for this one Rita!! made for ZWT 3 :)