Thick chunky salsa
Make and share this Karen's Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 cups onions, chopped
- 4 cups green peppers, chopped
- 1 -2 cup jalapeno, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon alum
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- Mix all ingredients together in large kettle. Bring to a boil. Simmer for two hours, stirring occasionally. Put in sterile jars and seal.