Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Traditional moist meatloaf, with my Grandma's glaze
- 4 slices bread, torn in pieces
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onions or 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs ground round
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Soak torn bread in milk 10 minutes.
- Add onion, dry mustard, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, Worchester sauce,and eggs to bread. Mix well (can use a mixer).
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape into loaf. Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Pour glaze over and bake 15 minutes more uncovered.
- Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
A nice meatloaf recipe! I used 1 1/2 lbs beef so reduced the bread and milk mixture a bit but followed the rest of the recipe as indicated. Good flavour, a moist texture and it held together quite well. Made for Fall PAC 2012. Thank you!