Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is my macaroni salad answer to my husband's hatred of celery! The green olives add a nice color and great flavor. Even if you do not care for green olives (I don't), they really work well here. I don't like macaroni salad without them now! NOTE: Sometimes I also add halved grape tomatoes for something different. I've also taken to adding a small amount of celery seed and sometimes a splash of white vinegar.
- 453.59 g macaroni (elbow, rotini, etc.) or 453.59 g pasta (elbow, rotini, etc.)
- 236.59 ml hellmanns light mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped stuffed green olive
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse well with cold water.
- In a large bowl mix mayo, onion, olives, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add macaroni and mix well.
- Refrigerate until serving.
This was Excellent! I added a half a cup of sour cream along with a little relish and celery, even though my DH is also not very fond of celery. I really enjoyed the green olives in it! Thanks Karen
This is A GREAT TASTING PASTA SALAD, & although I enjoy celery, too, this one was wonderful without it, & the green olives were great! Still, I did take the tip & added some celery seed! Thanks for a nice variation on the ol' pasta salad! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Gimme 5 tag game]
This was pretty good macaroni salad. Everyone at my dinner table enjoyed it. I like strong flavors, and I though this was the recipe for me since it has green olives. I added bacon too, like another reviewer suggested, but it didn't have a strong enough flavor for me.