1/1 Photo of Karen's Luau Pineapple Cake Roll
1 hr 5 mins
This is a yummy pineapple cake roll that my mom used to make for parties and get togethers. It looks pretty too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 1 cup light brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/16 teaspoon clove
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar (garnish)
- 2Drain pineapple and reserve 3/4 cup of juice and 1/2 cup pineapple for topping.
- 3In a med. mixing bowl combine remaining pineapple,brown sugar,coconut,nuts,1 tsp.vanilla,cinnamon,ginger and cloves and mix well.
- 4Spread in the bottom of a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan and set aside.
- 5In a med. mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 6Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until stiff but not dry and set aside.
- 7In a lg. mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow.
- 8Gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 vanilla.
- 9Gently fold egg whites into egg yolk mixture.
- 10Sift flour with baking powder and salt.
- 11Gently fold flour mixture into egg mixture.
- 12Spread cake batter evenly over pineappple mixture in pan.
- 13Bake in oven preheated to 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- 14Loosen cake around edges and invert on flour sack towel sprinkled with powdered sugar and let stand 3-4 minutes.
- 15Roll in jelly roll fashion and let cool.
- 16Garnish with pineapple topping.
- 17Pineapple topping:.
- 18In small sauce pan, combine pineapple juice with sugar and cornstarch and mix well.
- 19Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly, until clear and thickened.
- 20Remove for heat,stir in pineapple and cool.
- 21Spread on top of cake roll and sprinkle with coconut.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Luau Pineapple Cake Roll
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 105.7 mg
- Sodium 278.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 73.7 g
- Protein 6.0 g