1 hr 10 mins
Chef #927085's Note:
Easy to make, great for the freezer!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces cottage cheese, 12 oz
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, 2 c
- 2 eggs, 2
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley, 1/3 c
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 tsp
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves, 1/2 tsp
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper, 1/8 tsp
- 32 ounces spaghetti sauce, 32 oz
- 3/4 cup cooked ground beef, 3/4 c
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked 9
- 3/4 cup water, 3/4 c (for firmer pasta, decrease the water to 1/2 C per recipe)
- parmesan cheese, if desired
- 1Assembly Directions:.
- 2In a large bowl, mix cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese , eggs, parsley, onion powder, basil and pepper until well blended; set aside.
- 3In a medium bowl, mix together spaghetti sauce and cooked ground beef. In a 9x13-inch glass baking dish or (2- 8x8-inch pans) spread 3/4 cup meat sauce on the bottom. Layer 3 uncooked noodles on top of the meat sauce. Next spread 1/2 of the cheese mixture and 1-1/2 cups meat sauce. Layer 3 more uncooked noodles on top of the meat sauce. Spread with remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining meat sauce. Pour water around the outside edges.
- 4Freezing Directions:.
- 5Place dish in a 2-gallon freezer bag. Or, if you want to wrap it in foil, cover the top of the lasagna with wax paper or plastic wrap and then the foil, because the acid in the tomato sauce will leave small holes in the foil. Label, seal and freeze.
- 6Serving Directions: Remove pan from freezer and thaw at least overnight in the refrigerator. Bake covered at 375°F for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. To bake from the frozen stage, add 30 minutes to the total baking time.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Lazy Day Lasagna Freezer Meal
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.7
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 54.5 mg
- Sodium 639.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 12.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked ground beef