Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
A basic cookie that you can pretty much add anything too! Very simple and versatile! Fun for the kids to help out with!!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream shortening and sugars; add eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Mix well and add "garbage", 2 Celsius of any of the following:.
- oatmeal, rice krispies, chocolate chips, coconut, chopped nuts, raisins, dates, M & M's, Reese's Pieces, chopped apricots, or whatever sounds good to you! Mix and match!
- Bake at 375 F for 10-12 minutes.