Recipe by Karen Guerra
Great soup for winter months or when someone gets sick in the house. I use the 2 tablespoons of salt but my husband and I prefer only the 1, the kids like it salty. Use more or less of the carrots, celery and potatoes. The egg noodles soak up ALOT of the broth so you may want to use less or use rice instead of noodles.
- 15 cups water
- 4 -5 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed for bite size
- 1 cup celery, bite size
- 1 cup carrot, bite size
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -4 cups of uncooked no yolks egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Put water in pot with the chicken on high.
- Boil for 45 minutes.
- Remove chicken and with a fine sieve ( DO NOT THROW AWAY BROTH)strain top of broth, discard.
- Turn stove down to medium.
- Add chicken bouillon cubes, potatoes, celery, carrots, salt and pepper and cook untill vegetables are almost cooked or soft.
- When chicken is cool enough to touch, pull or shred chicken into bite size chunks. Discard bones and skin.
- Put chicken and noodles in pot with broth and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with buttered toast,grilled cheese sandwich and or a salad.