Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I'm just responding to a "What's for dinner tonight" thread. This is what we had for dinner last night. It was just thrown together, but turned out delicious. Changes and comments are welcome.
- 12 -16 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 2 heads broccoli (use florets only)
- 2 cups basmati rice, uncooked
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Brown chicken thighs in a little oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add onion, tomatoes, garlic, basil, curry powder, salt and pepper; let simmer stirring occasionally until onion is translucent and tomatoes start to juice.
- Gently stir in coconut milk and bring to a gentle boil, then reduce heat to med-low.
- Place broccoli florets in sauce and let simmer for about 1/2 hour.
- To Prepare Rice:.
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium size pot, add rice, reduce to simmer and cover with lid.
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff.
- Serve Chicken Curry over rice, or on the side.