Recipe by wjorma
Karen, a friend, and I are always trying out new recipes on each other. This is new to me because of the horseradish, which was very good.
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket, with spice package
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 whole black peppercorns
- 5 medium potatoes
- 2 cups carrots, chunked
- 1 large onion
- 1 large head of cabbage, cut into small wedges
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup grated horseradish (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the corn beef brisket, reserve the spice package.
- Trim as much fat from brisket as you can without cutting out the meat.
- Put meat in LARGE kettle. Add 1 can of beer. Cover with water. Add spice package, 3+ cloves of minced garlic and 12+ peppercorns.
- Cover and bring to boil. Lower to simmer. Allow 50 minutes per pound of meat.
- About a half hour before meat should be done, add potatoes and carrots. 15 minutes later add onion and small wedged head of cabbage.
- Remove meat and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Make Horseradish sauce to serve with meat.