1/7 Photos of Karen's Cinnamon Rolls " Sin" Amon Rolls
2 hrs 20 mins
Oooey gooey SINFULLY good Cinnamon Rolls! I get asked to make these and asked for the recipe ALL the time!!! They are fabulous! I hope you enjoy! I usually bake with butter in most dessert recipes but this recipe margarine makes all the difference. Cooking times includes time for rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk, warm 105-110
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine, melted (NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened (NO SUBSTITUTIONS)
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1FOR THE ROLLS:.
- 2In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in warm milk with 1 tsp of sugar. Allow to proof (sit) for 10 minutes until it becomes foamy.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the margarine, sugar, salt and eggs until combined.
- 4Add 2 cups of flour and the yeast.
- 5Continue mixing and adding flour until you have use 4 cups total of flour.
- 6Roll out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-10 minutes until smooth and no longer sticky. (You may need to add more flour).
- 7Put into a lightly greased bowl turning once to coat the dough.
- 8Cover with a clean towel and place into a warm draft free place and allow to rise for an hour.
- 9Punch dough down and roll out on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle 21 x 16 inches.
- 10FILLING: Spread the softened margarine over the surface of the dough leaving a 1/2-inch border around the edges.
- 11Blend brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- 12Sprinkle evenly over the margarine.
- 13Roll the dough jellyroll style starting at the 21-inch edge.
- 14Pinch the ends together.
- 15Grease a 15 x 10-inch pan lightly.
- 16Slice the dough into 1 1/2-inch pieces and place cut side up in the pan.
- 17Cover with a clean towel and put in warm draft free spot for 45 minutes.
- 18Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 19Bake rolls for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- 20FROSTING: Mix all frosting ingredients until light and fluffy and spread over warm rolls.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Cinnamon Rolls " Sin" Amon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1743 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.2
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.4 mg
- Sodium 381.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 7.0 g