Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is from my mom and is absolutely, positively, without a doubt, the most delicious salad I've ever eaten. It is quick to make if you have the rice already prepared. TRY THIS ONE!
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 bag fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lb fresh bean sprouts
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (I use light)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- Make the rice if you don't have any already cooked.
- Wash spinach and spin or pat dry.
- Tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Put first 10 ingredients into salad bowl and blend gently.
- Mix ingredients for dressing in a separate bowl or in the blender.
- Add dressing and serve immediately.
- **thisrecipe is not a good make ahead, but it is good for lunch the next day if any should survive the first round!
This salad was great! For the dressing, I used a mix of canola and seseme oils (more canola than seseme). I thought that the the dressing might have benefitted from a splash of vinegar (white wine or rice wine variety). Regardless, it was delicious. I took it to a church potluck and came home with a big empty bowl.
This is one of the most delicious salads I have ever eaten. I was not to sure of how it would taste when I was putting it together but boy was I fooled. I would certainly give it 5 stars and I will be fixing it again.
Oh boy, I thought this salad was very delicious. I used sodium-reduced soy sauce and canola oil in the dressing. This uses an interesting combination of ingredients that go well together. I served it with Tebo's Crunchy Lime Swordfish which made a good pairing. Thanks.