Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My first recipe I'm posting here on Zaar. Please tell me if you find any mistakes. Everyone loves this chili. It makes a whole big pot of it. Add more or less of any ingredients you wish. I don't drain the beans but do so if you want. I use it in my soup warmer for parties. Im guessing on servings, I never really took a count,,,I usually do buffets and this is plenty with the other foods. This freezes well. I usually cook ahead of time, For parties freeze in 2.5 gallons ziplock and defrost the night before. Great for parties, superbowl or just OAMC put into smaller ziplock bags. This taste better the next day when all the flavors come together. I don't have the size pots so I divide it into 2 pots, 6 and 8 qt. I hope you don't have same problem lol.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 3 lbs stew meat (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans campbell's tomato soup, undiluted
- 6 (14 1/2 ounce) cansdel monte stewed tomatoes (pulsed in food processor)
- 12 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 green bell peppers, diced
- 3 medium yellow onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (more if you like spicy,,,1 tsp is plenty for us)
- salt and pepper
- 6 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook chopped meat (ground beef) in 8 quart size pot till no longer pink.
- Add tomato soups, water, stew meat, stewed tomatoes back into pot and cook for about 40 mins mixing frequently.
- Take out a 14 quart pot and add oil, onions, green peppers, cayenne pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper under medium high heat for about 5-10 minutes.
- When translucent add ingredients from 8 quart pot into 14 quart pot and cook on med-low for 1/2 hr mixing frequently.
- Add chopped meat.
- Add kidney beans and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- The beans will burn so mix well, add salt, pepper and garlic to taste as cooking.
- This pot will be full.
- Top with cheddar cheese and enjoy!