Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
There are alot of Chicken Divan recipes here in Recipezaar. Mine has a few things that are diffrent. I love this stuff and my kids devour it!!
- 8 pieces boneless skinless chicken, Cooked
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken up into bite size pieces.
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with the Broccoli.
- In a bowl combine, the soups, mayonnaise and Lemon Juice.
- Pour evenly over the broccoli layer in the casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the soup layer.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve over rice.
- This reheats very nicely.
Really good divan recipe. I made a few modifications. Instead of the chicken, I used cubed firm tofu that I pre-fried a bit. I added a large handful of chopped carrots and celery as well. I lined the bottom of the pan with cooked rice, then the veggies and tofu and poured the sauce over top. I also added about 3/4 cup of milk to the sauce to make it a bit runnier. Next time I think I'll double the curry just cause I really like the curry flavour and would like it to be stronger. Thanks for posting!
I made this for this evenings dinner and it turned out wonderful! I pre cooked the rice and then started to layer this with the rice, then chicken etc. I used 1 can cream of chicken and 1 can cream of mushroom, both heart healthy mixes. I also used reduced fat mayo, 1/2c lf mozarella and 1/4c shredded cheddar. This recipe made 2 8x8 pans (1 for the freezer as friend is having surgery end of month so will take to him!) Thank you for sharing kzbhansen!
Since there's only my husband and me, I considered cutting this recipe in half but I'm happy I didn't. My husband loves anything with chicken and rice so he really enjoyed this. I was a little concerned that by using cooked chicken breasts, it would come out dry but it didn't. The other ingredients helped keep it nice and creamy. This made enough for me to do an 8x8 pan for my niece to freeze in preparation for the birth of her baby and still have another meal for us.