Recipe by kzbhansen
There are alot of Chicken Divan recipes here in Recipezaar. Mine has a few things that are diffrent. I love this stuff and my kids devour it!!
Top Review by Colleen M.
Really good divan recipe. I made a few modifications. Instead of the chicken, I used cubed firm tofu that I pre-fried a bit. I added a large handful of chopped carrots and celery as well. I lined the bottom of the pan with cooked rice, then the veggies and tofu and poured the sauce over top. I also added about 3/4 cup of milk to the sauce to make it a bit runnier. Next time I think I'll double the curry just cause I really like the curry flavour and would like it to be stronger. Thanks for posting!
- 8 pieces boneless skinless chicken, Cooked
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen chopped broccoli
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken up into bite size pieces.
- Spray a 9 X 13 pan.
- Place chicken in the bottom of the pan.
- Top with the Broccoli.
- In a bowl combine, the soups, mayonnaise and Lemon Juice.
- Pour evenly over the broccoli layer in the casserole.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the soup layer.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over the cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake at 350 uncovered for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve over rice.
- This reheats very nicely.