Recipe by wjorma
A fancy casserole using chicken and pasta. We received this from our friend but she used pork and it was very god but we prefer chicken .
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 dried lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 3⁄4 cup shredded muenster cheese
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1⁄3 cup snipped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and onion.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add chicken, wine, tarragon, salt & pepper. Bring just to boiling: reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes, stirring once. Remove from heat.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Halve each noodle lengthwise.
- (A pizza cutter or scissors work fine here) Curl each noodle half into a 3" diameter ring. Place noodle rings, cut side down, in a 3-quart rectangular baking dish. Using a slotted spoon, spoon chicken mixture into center of noodle rings, reserving the liquid in skillet. Add the cut up Light cream cheese to reserved liquid, heat and stir just until cream cheese is melted.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a bowl stir together yogurt and flour: stir in evaporated skim milk. Add yogurt mixture and cheeses to cream cheese mixture in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Spoon cream cheese mixture over filled rings in baking dish. If desired, sprinkle with toasted almonds. Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley. Makes 8 servings.