Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Received this recipe at a bridal shower when I got married. I'd say the fat content could be cut some by using lower-fat versions of most of the dairy products, but don't skimp on the butter.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, sliced into thin cubes
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced (the stuff in the jar is easier to do and just as good)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml butter (the real deal, please!)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 44.37 ml sour cream
- 737.08 g jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce (although any jarred white sauce would do...)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mushroom (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- Soak the chicken breast in the milk and garlic for no less than 15 minutes.
- Put olive oil into a skillet, then transfer the chicken/milk/garlic mixture into the pan.
- Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- For sauce, melt cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and butter and mix.
- In a large saucepan, combine this mixture with sour cream, white sauce, olives, and mushrooms (if included.)
- Heat until heated through (be sure to keep stirring so you don't accidentally scorch any!) and sauce is creamy.
This came out fairly bland. I added quite a bit of salt (and some pepper), and it was better. The directions didn't say whether to add chicken to the sauce; add sauce to the chicken; serve sauce over chicken. Sorry I couldn't rate this better.