Received this recipe at a bridal shower when I got married. I'd say the fat content could be cut some by using lower-fat versions of most of the dairy products, but don't skimp on the butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g chicken breast, sliced into thin cubes
- 29.58 ml garlic, minced (the stuff in the jar is easier to do and just as good)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml butter (the real deal, please!)
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 44.37 ml sour cream
- 737.08 g jar Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce (although any jarred white sauce would do...)
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- mushroom (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- 1Soak the chicken breast in the milk and garlic for no less than 15 minutes.
- 2Put olive oil into a skillet, then transfer the chicken/milk/garlic mixture into the pan.
- 3Cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through.
- 4For sauce, melt cream cheese, parmesan cheese, and butter and mix.
- 5In a large saucepan, combine this mixture with sour cream, white sauce, olives, and mushrooms (if included.)
- 6Heat until heated through (be sure to keep stirring so you don't accidentally scorch any!) and sauce is creamy.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Chicken and White Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.5
- Calories from Fat 480
- Total Fat 53.3 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 527.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 35.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Ragu parmesan and romano spaghetti sauce