Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I received this recipe from a recipe swap. My kids love these muffins, the original recipe only calls for 3/4 cup sugar but we like them a little sweeter.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberry yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, orange rind and juice and oil.
- Pour over dry ingredients sprinkle with blueberries; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 min.
- Tip to use frozen instead of fresh blueberries, keep them in the freezer until the last possible moment before folding them into the batter with as few strokes as possible.
- For a fancy variation, gradually stir about 2 tsp OJ into 1/4 cup icing sugar;drizzle over cool muffins.
- Sprinkle with a few fresh blueberries or grated orange rind if desired.
The recipe was easy to follow and they baked up nicely. But my family didn't care for the combination of orange and blueberries. The highest they gave them was 3 stars, the lowest was 0 so I went in the middle and rated it 2. Beautiful muffins, just not the flavor combination for us.
These are very tasty,love the combination of orange and blueberries.I was skeptical as to how these would turn out according to the gluey dough before they were baked.It looked like they would be tough and chewy but they are very moist and cakey.I used honey yogurt and frozen berries.
Amazingly moist! I changed to peach yogurt, cause I looked up this recipe to use an expired container (I hate wasting anything:)). They were really delicious and only lasted the day with my 21 year old son and husband (and me). thanks for posting Pamela from Canada!