Recipe by * Pamela *
I received this recipe from a recipe swap. My kids love these muffins, the original recipe only calls for 3/4 cup sugar but we like them a little sweeter.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
The recipe was easy to follow and they baked up nicely. But my family didn't care for the combination of orange and blueberries. The highest they gave them was 3 stars, the lowest was 0 so I went in the middle and rated it 2. Beautiful muffins, just not the flavor combination for us.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup blueberry yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, orange rind and juice and oil.
- Pour over dry ingredients sprinkle with blueberries; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Bake at 375 for about 25 min.
- Tip to use frozen instead of fresh blueberries, keep them in the freezer until the last possible moment before folding them into the batter with as few strokes as possible.
- For a fancy variation, gradually stir about 2 tsp OJ into 1/4 cup icing sugar;drizzle over cool muffins.
- Sprinkle with a few fresh blueberries or grated orange rind if desired.