Recipe by rwchef
I received this recipe from my friend in college. She was Italian, and always shared great recipes with me. This is a great recipe for kids, they love the oatmeal cookie taste of this biscotti recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Biscotti always grabs my attention, & this recipe was no different ~ I had to make it! Wanted so badly to add more things to it, but didn't because I ALSO wanted to know that it would be like, as is! I was pleased with the combo of tastes from the oats & cornmeal as well as the walnuts ~ A NICE BISCOTTI! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted orphan chefs at the end of this Spring's Pick-A-Chef]
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the cooled melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the nuts.
- The dough will be sticky. Don't add any more flour. Divide the dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll one half into a 13x1 1/2-inch log. Repeat with other half.
- Bake on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet 25 minutes.
- Remove to cutting board, carefully, and cool 10 minutes.
- Cut logs into 1/2-inch slices with serrated knife.
- With cut side down on sheet, bake 6-8 minutes more per side.