Recipe by myfidsmom
This is a family recipe that I've altered to my tastes. I haven't found anyone yet who didn't LOVE this!
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (I use butter flavor)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas, mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together flours, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Soften shortening and gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with mashed bananas.
- Blend well.
- Spoon into well greased 8 X 4 X 2 1/4" loaf pan and bake for 60 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes and continue cooling on rack.
- Cut when cool.
- If using individual size (mini) loaf pans, bake for 35 minutes and check to see how close they are to being finished.