Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is another favorite from friend Karen. Her Hubby does lots of salmon fishing so she found this recipe and gave it to us. I think you could use chicken in place of the salmon. She said the original recipe was from a Better Homes & Garden magazine
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 24 asparagus spears
- 6 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 8 chives, not cut
- In a small mixing bowl combine cream cheese, snipped chives, milk, dill, garlic, lemon juice, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large pot bring 3 quarts water and the olive oil to boiling; add salt and lasagna noodles. Cook noodles for 10 to 12 minutes or until pasta is nearly tender.
- Meanwhile, snap off and discard woody bases of asparagus. If necessary, trim asparagus to 5-inch lengths. Add asparagus to pasta; cook 3 minutes more. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain again and pat pasta dry with paper towels.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture evenly over each lasagna noodle.
- Divide salmon evenly among the noodles, placing a single layer of salmon on each noodle. Place 3 asparagus spears on one end of each noodle, letting the tips extend beyond the edge.
- Roll up each noodle. Tie with a fresh chive. Stand spring rolls upright to serve, if desired. Makes 8 side-dish servings.