Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
I'd heard of capsicum chicken, apple chicken and apricot chicken, but karela chicken was something new to my ears. Found this in a magazine, glad I did!
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 3 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 kg bitter melon, scraped or cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 6 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add chicken.
- Stir fry and cook until golden brown.
- Remove from oil.
- Keep aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to the pan.
- Fry chopped onions till pale.
- Add all the masala powder.
- Fry for 1 minute.
- Add chicken and bittergourd (karela).
- Mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis.