Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A mild sounding chicken curry cooked in coconut milk. from ezythaicooking.com for ZWT
Make and share this Karee Curry With Chicken from Thailand recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1 tablespoon chili curry powder
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 baby potatoes
- 1 red chili, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups water (for rice)
- Cut the chicken into portion sized pieces. Legs and thighs can be left whole.
- Heat a small amount of oil in a frying pan, and stir in curry powder until fragrant. Stir in one cup of coconut milk until the powder mixture is well dissolved.
- Place the chicken into the mixture and simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion, peel and dice the potatoes. Add the vegetables and remaining coconut milk and spices to the pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes (until the potatoes are tender.).
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions.
- Immediately serve the karee over top of the rice.