Recipe by karen in tbay
The Tikka Family have distributed a bag of caramel corn to fellow karate friends as a present during The Intercalary Days. In preparation for the Fast showing hospitality, charity and the giving of presents.
Top Review by Jessica K
sorry i didn't review this before! i thought i had! i made this last christmas to give to people and just made it again for thanksgiving. people love this and can't believe how easy it is! very good and easy recipe thanks!
- 6 quarts popped corn (about 1 cup unpopped) or 3 bags microwave popcorn or 3 bags light butter flavor popcorn, which equaled approx 8 quarts
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Put popped corn in a large lightly buttered roasting pan.
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil without stirring 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in soda and vanilla.
- Pour over popped corn gradually, mixing well.
- Bake one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Break apart if necessary and store in tightly covered tin box.