Recipe by roja khan
the potato is transformed into something quite exotic when it is cooked like this with a delicious mixture of spice.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon dried red chili, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed dried onion
- mustard seeds, and
- fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 1⁄2 cm fresh gingerroot, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 500 g new potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh red chile, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh green chile, slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in wok. Lower the heat slightly and add the cumin seeds, dried chillies, mixed onion, mustard and fenugreek seeds, fennel seeds,garlic slice and ginger. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add sliced onion and fry for 5 minutes until the onion are golden.
- Add the potatoes and fresh red and green chillies and mix well.
- Cover the wok with lid. Cook over a very low heat for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from and serve hot with naan and raita.